Interoperability initiatives support in breaking through the siloed way of thinking to deliver cross-functional benefits
Iperion is the driving force behind Interoperability in the life science industry through IDMP
We are experienced in linking organizations, processes, data and systems, leading to optimization
Our approach to Interoperability
Iperion can help your organization in its digitalization journey. We are experienced in turning around and optimizing these processes for you, keeping in mind that it is not just the processes changing, but also the organization.
Interoperability is achieved by aligning the needs of the involved parties on three levels:
Interoperability is achieved by harmonizing the strategy and vision of the involved parties. The needed framework, governance as well as the strategic solution is defined.
Interoperability is achieved by (re-)alignment of common processes and definitions.
Interoperability aims at achieving reliable exchange of information between systems, as well as technological capabilities to accomplish the desired business benefits.
What are the benefits of Interoperability
Interoperability delivers business benefits and reduces costs through:
- Continuous process improvements by comprehensive reporting and analytics
- Predictive planning and forecasting
- Efficiency gains via automation
- Decision making supported by data
Interoperability leads to optimization
Interoperability can help with specific challenges, such as:
- Inability to identify, prevent or mitigate effects of problems (delays/errors) within cross-silo processes
- Analysis of cross-silo processes as a whole and elimination of waste
- Unnecessary translation or contextualization of reports and queries
- Identification, containment or elimination of data quality issues
- Automatic data compliance to regulatory requirements
- Effective collaboration with upstream and downstream owners of the data
What is Interoperability
Interoperability is often regarded in terms of workable interfaces between systems.
This implies that data from one system is automatically transferred to another system and is used.
This allows for effective cross-silo processes as well as reduction of effort and increase in data process traceability and transparency, resulting in operational excellence.
To have independent systems exchange information, the systems should be able to speak the same language. IDMP was developed as a global standard for data exchange and can now enable Interoperability.
Iperion supports the life sciences industry with exchanging information between systems and departments, based on common data-model (e.g. IDMP, SPOR, PQ/CMC).
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Master Data Management Systems (MDM) and Regulatory Information Management Systems (RIMS), are typical key components for Interoperability project. At Iperion was have extensive experience in linking these kinds of systems.
We at Iperion believe that true Interoperability is much more than this, as Interoperability should also be achieved on Strategic and Operation level.